Today’s sustainable fashion brand, Reformation, is dedicated to fashion with a focus on its environmental footprint. (For more background on ethical fashion, start with this post on What Is Sustainable Fashion?) What makes reformation stand out from other ethical fashion brands is its slightly more trendy styles. Compared to other brands like Cuyana and Everlane, Reformation’s styles are a little younger, a little hipper. One of their primary missions is to celebrate women’s bodies and they spend a lot of energy fitting their clothing on different body types. I can honestly say that this is one of the reasons I love Reformation so much: they fit in all the right places and offer select items in petite sizing. I’ve listed even more highlights on the brand below.
WHAT MAKES REFORMATION A TOP CHOICE AS A SUSTAINABLE FASHION BRAND
- Beautiful and sustainable fabrics. Reformation rates every fabric on an A-E rating scale (A = rapidly renewable natural fibers, B = almost all-natural or recycled fabrics) and a goal to make 75% of their products from fabrics with A or B ratings. You can read about all of their fabrics here.
- Sustainability rating on every item. For every item on Reformation’s website, you’ll see a “Sustainability” rating, known as the Refscale, identifying how much carbon dioxide, water, and waste was saved during the manufacturing of the garment so that you know the environmental impact of every product.
- Reinvestments in the resources used during manufacturing. Reformation offsets its environmental impact by reinvesting in the resources used to create its garments. For example, they protected the Amazon Rainforest from deforestation and contributed millions of gallons of water to dewatered rivers in California. Taking it one step further, the brand publishes a report of its environmental footprint, detailing how much it used, saved, and offset during the year.
- A strong female presence. More than 75% of the Reformation management team is women or underrepresented populations. Need I say more? #Feminism.
PERSONAL FAVORITES FROM REFORMATION
- The Violet Top – I wear this top all the time. Its wrinkle-free fabric is perfect for the office, but it looks equally great with jeans. Pair it with a high-waisted wide-leg pant, and you’ve got that perfect Meghan Markle-esque look going on!
- The Maui Top – This is your everyday tank, but just a little sexier. As with most all of the Reformation tops, this one is fitted in all the right places. Warning though, you want the right bra or one that you intend on showing off. This top is great with the nipple covers and no bra at all, or with a deep-v option. I adore this top.
- The Bea Skirt – I cannot tell you how much I love this skirt. I wear it practically once a week to work. It’s SO comfortable, and the midi length is conservative enough for the office. I’ve paired it with a long cardigan, or a fitted long-sleeve t-shirt, too. It’s one of those great options that can be as casual or dressy as you’d like.
- The Canyon Top – Another everyday top with a twist. The squareneck on this top is a bit more interesting than the average tank top. I wear it with a strapless bra and love how delicately sexy it is. The fit on all reformation pieces has a magical way of flattering the female figure, and this one is no different–a definite wardrobe staple!
Reformation is one of my favorite ethical fashion brands, in part because of its dedication to the environment, but also because of its flattering fit and exceptional quality. I absolutely love this brand, and I tell that to anyone who will listen! Please note that this is not a sponsored post, I just truly want to highlight a brand I’m passionate about!
Interested in learning about sustainable fashion brands? Click here for more!