Spring Capsule Wardrobe

Shortcut: Full Spring Capsule

I think it’s only fair that I start this post off with an apology. It’s been almost two months since I’ve last posted on here, and I feel like I owe you all a bit of an explanation.

In January, I switched positions at my job. It’s actually something the company is quite big on, moving employees between the different units in order to make them well-rounded. It was a tough move for me, though, because 1) I was really happy where I was, and 2) little of my previous knowledge was transferrable, so it felt like I was starting over. I’ll save you the details, but the short version of the story is that I needed to focus my time and energy on learning my new job.

It was certainly hard for me to give up blogging, but also nice to allow myself to let some of the pressure off. I’m feeling better about things these days, more confident in my knowledge and ability to prioritize. With that said, I’m planning to ease back into a blogging routine this month and see how I can handle it.

What’s going on with my capsule wardrobes, you ask? Well, I’ve been managing my spring capsule since the beginning of April. It’s shaped up to be nearly all ‘work wear’ with a few casual cotton pieces sprinkled in. Of course, I’m still wearing my favorite Madewell jeans, and hunter boots. There’s no leaving them behind in Pittsburgh, where rainy days are as frequent as Pirate games.

For this capsule, I allowed myself to shy away from ‘the rules’, and have been gaging my wardrobe based on feel. I like it to remain small–it has to fit on one free-standing rack–but I’m not too hung up on having precisely 30, or 60, or any certain number of pieces. At this point, I know that I like to have a good mix of colors and styles to avoid boredom. But I also don’t want to have so much that I start feeling overwhelmed. I think my healthy balance is around 40-50 items, with 85% being office attire and the other 15% being casual wear.

Below are some pieces I added to my wardrobe to give it a fresh look. Sadly, a few of them are already sold out in the colors I purchased, but the styles are still available in different colors/prints.  You can view my full spring capsule HERE.spring-capsule

Let's chat!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Follow @wellesleyandking on Instagram

  • Exactly one week ago, @attybernard and I went on our last coffee date before spending the rest of the day cooking and cleaning in preparation for our little girl. Something about that day just made us feel like she wasn’t going to be long. The very next day she joined our world, and these have been the best 6 days of my entire life. 💕 #newmom #newparents #newbornbaby #pittsburghphotographer #thehappynow #thatauthenticfeeling #seekthesimplicity #abmhappylife #theeverydayproject #verilymoment #darlingmovement #littlestoriesofmylife #momentslikethese
  • Settling into our family of three, and this guy is the best teammate a girl could ask for. I never knew I could feel so much love—I could burst. #newparents  #thehappynow #livebeautifully #postitfortheaesthetic #inspiremyinstagram #chooselovely #thatauthenticfeeling #seekthesimplicity #abmhappylife #theeverydayproject #verilymoment #darlingmovement #feelfreefeed #littlestoriesofmylife #momentslikethese #postitfortheaesthetic
  • This girl entered our worlds yesterday afternoon—exactly two weeks ahead of schedule and right at the end of the Pats game—just letting mommy and daddy know who’s gonna be in charge of the schedule from now on. #newbabygirl
  • I hear we have some snow coming Pittsburgh, friends! 💕 Am I the only weirdo who is actually excited about this? You can find me in all the cozy sweaters and blankets, snuggled up on the couch. 😍 #theblogsocieties #shopstylecollective #wkloveyourcloset #pittsburghblogger #discoverunder5k #discoverunder10k #pghfashion #pghblogger #stylebloggers
  • I finally got a vanity at age 31. I never knew what I was missing! ☺️ #husbandwin #ikeahack #affordabledecor
  • Hard to believe how soon our little one will be joining us. Feeling all sorts of emotions, but mostly ready to meet her. I’m curious—any other moms to be out there? If so, when are you due? And those of you who are already moms, what words of wisdom would you share with those of us about to become mamas, too? #theblogsocieties #shopstylecollective #wkloveyourcloset #pittsburghblogger #discoverunder5k #discoverunder10k #pghfashion #pghblogger #stylebloggers #37weeks 📷: @julieanne514

Follow Me!

Ready to build a wardrobe to last?