Is there a piece of clothing more beautiful than a long, flowing maxi dress adorned in miniature flowers? I don’t know about you, but this piece definitely had me at hello.
Madewell is creeping up as one of my favorite stores. I appreciate the quality of their denim (my jeans just do not stretch out. I don’t know how they do it!), and I also favor the simplicity of their clothing. Everything is chic… plain and simple.
Of course, I still love their sister store, J.Crew, but more recently the needle has been pointing to Madewell. It’s a pendulum, so I’m sure I’ll end up right back in my old favorites sooner or later. (Madewell doesn’t offer the range of petite sizing that J.Crew does, so they can’t be my number 1 for that reason alone).
In any case, let’s talk about this beautiful dress, yes?
FIT AND QUALITY
- Overall Fit – As with most dresses I’ve tried on at Madewell, this one runs a little big for me. I’m wearing an XXS, and it’s definitely got some extra room in the mid-section (not enough to be bothered by it, though). You also could get away with a fitted tank underneath if you prefer more coverage (I personally have no cleavage to hide…).
- Length – For not being a petite length, this particular maxi works due to the asymmetrical hemline, almost perfectly so.
- Fabric – This fabric is lovely. It’s soft, not at all itchy, and has a beautiful, airy flow to it. A great piece for layering with heavy knits or long vests.
HOW TO STYLE IT
- Casual – Choose your favorite suede ankle boots and a leather jacket to dress down this look.
- Date – Pair with a strappy sandal, tie your hair back and add a statement earring.
- Work – Try styling with a fitted long sleeved tee/turtleneck, a wide belt, and a pair of pointed toe flats or loafers for a work-appropriate look.
How would you style this look?