Today’s ethical fashion brand, Everlane, is an American born company with the highest factory standards and a dedication to transparent pricing and timeless styles. (For more background on ethical fashion, start with this post on Why I’m Dedicated to Ethical Fashion.) There’s really so much that I love about this brand, and I’m very excited to share a few of those reasons, along with some of my favorite pieces, with you all today.
WHAT MAKES EVERLANE A TOP CHOICE FOR ETHICAL FASHION
- High standards for factories to include fair wages and reasonable hours: Everlane works with factories both in and outside of the United States. Each factory undergoes a compliance audit against various factors like fair wages and reasonable hours for its workers. Everlane’s goal is for every factory they do business with to achieve a score of 90 or above. By visiting their website, you can read about each of the factories they’ve chosen to work with, based on their ethical standards.
- Transparent pricing. Everlane makes it a point to provide the cost to manufacture their pieces, along with the markup, so that consumers know exactly where there money is going. Beyond their transparency though, Everlane chooses to markup their apparel and accessories by 2-3x, compared to the 5-6x of traditional retailers.
- Quality fabrics and materials. Everlane seeks to use quality fabrics/materials for all of its pieces, and you’ll have no trouble noticing this at first try-on. The price points are more than fair for the quality, well below the price points of other retailers offering similar styles.
- Timeless styles. You know I love a good classic; here on Wellesley & King, timeless styles are a major focus. Whether you’re talking about a simple tee, a pair of straight leg pants, or suede pumps, Everlane’s designs are simple, comfortable, and stand up to the test of time.
PERSONAL FAVORITES FROM EVERLANE
- The Wide Leg Crop Pant – I was honestly hesitant about how these would look on me, but after stalking #WideLegWednesday on Instagram for weeks, I wanted to give them a try. I had them hemmed (I actually had all of these pants hemmed), and I think they’re a great option for balancing out a fitted top. I love the look of that volume on the bottom–it’s fun and slightly outside of my comfort zone. The fabric is like a denim–more structured–and they work for casual or dressy looks. I’m really happy with these, and love them in the camel color for a really versatile wardrobe addition that’s not black, for once.
- The Day Heel – I wanted a classic shoe with a modest heel for long days at work, usually running to meetings between four floors. I liked the look of these for something professional yet comfortable. Note that, if you have a narrow heel (like I do), you might have trouble keeping these on your feet–that is my only complaint about these beauties. If you have tips for getting them not to slip off the back, I’m all ears!
- The Cotton Crew – After a baby, I found that the most important thing for me was wearing cotton–or just generally anything that could be tossed right into the washer without concern. I LOVE the quality on this t-shirt. I honestly wear it to work all the time; it works great with a blazer or paired with a skirt.
- The Straight Leg Crop – The perfect high waist and straight cut to flatter any figure. I had mine hemmed just a few inches above the ankle since the regular inseam was too long on my petite frame. You will most definitely need to get these tailored if you’re in the 5’1″ camp, like I am.
- The Italian GoWeave Easy Pant (a.k.a. Joggers) – I’m so glad that “dress joggers” are a thing now (they are a thing, right?). I love to layer these with the cotton crew and a black blazer for the office. I usually wear them with a pair of animal print flats for the office, but I love the look of them with a strappy sandal for a dressier option, too.
Everlane is one of my favorite ethical fashion brands, in part because of its attainable price point, but also because of its comfort and quality. I truly can’t get enough of this brand right now–I’ve told anyone who will listen how much I’ve loved my purchases. Please note that this is not a sponsored post, I just truly want to highlight a brand I’m passionate about!