The first time I made these easy black bean tacos, my husband was a little bit skeptical (this is always the case when he comes home to a meatless dinner). After one bite though, he quickly changed his mind. Equally shocking was how much my eighteen-month-old daughter liked this healthy weeknight dinner. If you have ever spent time with a toddler, you probably understand how unpredictable their palettes can be! Any time I make a meal that all three of us love, I know it’s one to add to my regular repertoire.
With only 8 ingredients and about twenty minutes start-to-finish, these easy black bean tacos have become one of my go-to quick weeknight dinners. Ready to add them to your go-to dinners, too?
Easy Black Bean Tacos for a Quick Weeknight Dinner
These easy black bean tacos require only 8 ingredients, most of which are pantry staples that we always have on-hand. This is a great recipe to make on a busy weeknight where time is precious, or you’ve just had a really long day and don’t want to think too hard about cooking dinner.
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- fresh lime juice, optional
How to make easy
black bean tacos
- Combine beans, spices, onion, and cilantro and lightly mash together.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat
- Add tortillas
- Spoon bean mixture to half of tortilla
- Sprinkle with pepper check cheese
- Fold tortilla over and move aside
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, adding more oil as necessary.
- Sprinkle with fresh lime juice before eating.
More tips for making these black bean tacos even EASIER!
- To cut down on prep time before dinner: Prep the black bean filling in advance, then refrigerate until you’re ready to cook.
- For crunchy tacos: be sure to use the corn or a corn/wheat combination tortilla. They hold up well to the heat and the crunchiness makes them extra delicious!
- Other toppings: these are fantastic with a sprinkling of lime juice and sliced avocados. My family also loves to add a side of sour cream and fresh pico de gallo.
Looking for more easy weeknight dinner recipes?
Click here or try some of my favorites below!