Ladies, if you haven’t already heard, Drybar has a new location in Upper Saint Clair that is now open! I was thrilled when Drybar representative, Devin Tucker, reached out to me about the opening of their newest location in Pittsburgh. A friend of mine raves about the location in the DC area, so I was more than looking forward to my first-ever Drybar blowout.
In general, your Drybar experience will go something like this:
- Before you get started, you’ll meet with a stylist to discuss the signature Drybar looks.
- Each look can be customized to your liking and hair type.
- Once you choose your look, your stylist will give your hair a fresh wash before starting the styling process.
- At this point, you just sit back, sip on something refreshing and let the stylist work her magic.
Going in, I knew I wanted a messy, tousled look as opposed to structured curls, since that’s how I typically style my hair. My stylist, Erin, and I opted for a hybrid of the Mai Tai (tousled waves) and a Dirty Martini (slight waves).
I have super fine hair, which tends to fall flat in only a few hours. Both my skin and hair are on the oily side, so getting more than one day out of a wash typically doesn’t work for me. I relayed all of that information to Erin before she got started, so she used the following products to create a lasting blowout:
- Happy Hour Shampoo on the roots (to remove excess oil)
- Happy Hour Conditioner on the ends (to provide nourishment)
- Southern Belle Volumizing Mousse on roots (to add volume and lift for my fine hair)
- Hot Toddy on ends (to protect from breakage and heat)
- Mai Tai Spritzer all over (to provide “grip” and staying power for curls)
- Money Maker Flexible Hold Hairspray (to extend the life of the blowout while letting it move)
In its entirety, the whole process took just under an hour and a half, and it was a lovely way to relax and start a long weekend. You can never go wrong with a little pampering! Without hesitation, I would go back again for another service. (As a side note, a wine bar will be going in next door shortly. What better way to catch up with your girlfriends than with a little pampering, followed by some wine?)
All blowouts are $45, and memberships are available at the Pittsburgh location for $80/month.
Memberships include 2 blowouts a month + a blowout on your birthday! Unused blowouts rollover to the next month and never expire during your membership. If you’re someone who attends a number of events, this would easily be worth the cost.
Thank you again to Drybar Pittsburgh, and especially my stylist, Erin, for beautifying me for the weekend!