SHOP THE LOOK:
I love this outfit. I love it so much. It’s feminine. It’s classic. And it’s simple.
This outfit is made up of timeless pieces that are of great quality. It epitomizes what is so wonderful about creating a capsule wardrobe, a thoughtful wardrobe filled with pieces that you love.
I wore this look to work last week and received so many compliments, from both women and men (which is usually a sign that I should blog about it).
I’m going to break down the elements that make this outfit a winning combination:
- The A-line silhouette of the skirt is a flattering fit to camouflage a wider hip and thigh area
- The higher waist of the skirt creates the illusion of a smaller waist
- The hem is perfect for a petite figure, at an above-the-knee yet modest length
- The lightweight fabric of the top is a feminine contrast to the heavier wool skirt and adds interest to the overall look
- The accessories are minimal, contributing to the overall simplicity of the look without detracting from it
Are you guys inspired by a classic and feminine outfit?